cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Klotz" <pkl...@iconet.wn.bawue.de>
Subject Source Logging in Coccoon
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:04:37 GMT
Hi,

I have defined my own logger in the Cocoon logkit.xconf for a custom
action and a custom source that I'm running in Cocoon.
In both cases I have attached a logger="blah" to the protocol definition
of the source in cooon.xconf

<protocol class="..." name="..." logger="blah"/>

and for the action in the sitemap:

<map:action name="..." src="..." logger="blah"/>

in logkit.xconf:

<cocoon id="blah">
  <filename>/WEB-INF/logs/blah.log</filename>
</cocoon>
<category name="blah" log-level="DEBUG">
  <log-target id-ref="blah"/>
  <log-target id-ref="error"/>
</category>

The effect is that the action logs its output in the log file but the
source does not. Of course one specifies the SourceFactory in the
<protocol/> statement so the factory gets the logger but I just check
whether the source implements LogEnabled and pass the logger from the
factory to the source.

Is there any known problem or anybody that has configured logging for a
source already that could help?

Thanks, Peter