cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Markus Vaterlaus <mvaterl...@mus.ch>
Subject Content editor [was: Re: A note about the "best(?) (cocoon-) development environment" ...]
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:50:53 GMT
Hi there,

I'm just facing the same problem as you do. About 30 persons are
contributing to our documentation (a single document runs from 10 to
100 pages with about as much graphics in it). Actually all this is done
in MS Word. I have the Vision that in the near future all this content
will no longer be stored in a proprietary format. Instead of that it
will be stored in XML and cocoon will be a good helper to manage and
publish this content. However, for me the biggest problem actually is,
what kind of alternatives for an editor are existing? All users are
mentally bound to Word. They like it's functionality, it's ability to
write in WYSIWYG-mode et cetera. Actually I'm thinking about using
OpenOffice as an editor. Has anyone of you cocoonistas any experiences
or best practices on this behalf (and also on the interaction with
cocoon)?

--mv