cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Howard" <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject RE: question about cocoon object
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:50:06 GMT
Maybe I don't understand your question, but this in java refers to the
current instance of the class itself.  So this refers to the current
RequestGenerator object.  And this.attribute refers to a method defined
somewhere in the class itself or in one of the classes this generator
inherits from.  You note (partially correctly) that this.contentHandler is
inherited from AbstractXMLProducer, but startDocument() is in the
contentHandler class, not AbstractXMLProducer.

Don't know offhand where attribute() is inherited from, but it shouldn't
take long to find out - the java docs will tell you where it came from.

Geoff