cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: MySQL date conversion with modular database action
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:18:02 GMT
Andre Taube wrote:
> Thanks, that's exactly what I need.  However, my date is in MM/dd/YYYY
> format, how could I pass a format string to the DateMetaInputModule?  API
> says: "Configuration options: child element "input-module" holds InputModule
> to obtain the string from, attribute "format" to "input-module" that holds a
> java.text.SimpleDateFormat format string"
>
> but the following does not work for me:
>
> <value name="start_date" type="date">
>    <!-- if "attrib" is requested, convert string to a Date using the
>         date conversion module -->
>    <mode name="datemeta" type="attrib">
>       <!-- pass the following as attribute name to the nested module -->
>       <parameter>start_date</parameter>
         <format>MM/dd/YYYY</format>
>       <!-- use the request parameter module to obtain the string -->
         <input-module name="request-param"/>
>    </mode>
> </value>

If this doesn't work, make sure that a) you are running a recent
snapshot (either branch) and b) include complete file (i.e. table-set)
and logs showing invokation of your action.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de