cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: RE : Scheduler with cocoon
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:17:36 GMT

1.) There are some java -packages around, that mimic cron.
wasn't there a cron component in the avalon-excalibur framework  ???
You might write something like an action, which opens a runtime-thread,
which would organise the rest. shouldn't be a big deal if you really
need it. or you write a servlet, that does it and let it autostart
on container startup ...

2.) another thought: If you want the user to change something easily,
you will provide a config file. (probably).
You still could use cron (if you stay onlunux/unix) and generate the
cron scripts ;-) But cron scripts are very easy to understand and
is it really worthwhile to make something else ???

Except of course you are NOT running on unix and/or you MUST provide
platform independence, then i would reconsider 1.) above ..

regards, hussayn

Xavier RODRIGUEZ wrote:
> But I would like something to be integrated into cocoon, in this way the
> final user will easily change the hours for example...
> Someone tells me about wyona cms (http://www.wyona.org) that integrates
> a scheduler ... I'm now probing this solution
>
> Thanks

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH
Neuenhöfer Allee 125