cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: how can i get static files REALLY been processed by apache ???
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:46:52 GMT
Hy,

Your last comment sounds very promising.
How could i let cocoon throw in the "static" refs ???
Wouldn't that mean i need cocoon to find the hrefs and
do some replacement stuff there. Or how would i do that?
any pointers to howto, docs or so ?

regards, hussayn

Chris Wilkes wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:14:22PM +0100, SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous wrote:
>
>>Here is the problem:
>>
>>1.) I want all static files been served by apache, i.e.:
>>
>>    *.gif, *.html, *.jpg
>>
>>2.) I want *ALL* other files be served by cocoon.
>

> I ran into the same thing and from what I could find out is that you
> really want a "!" operator on the JkMount directive.
>

>>Now how should i setup mod_jk.conf ????

>>The list could potentially go down endlessly.
>>There MUST be an obvious solution to this!
>

> Here's what I did, its just for the images but you could extend it to
> anything:
>
> Create a new website called "images.examples.com" in your
> httpd.conf file.  Here's some snippets of my Apache2 one:
> 	<VirtualHost 10.0.0.181>
>      ServerName  www.example.com
>      # this all goes to cocoon, but need a docroot anyway
>      DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/example
>      # send all these requests to the coyote connector
>      JkMount /* cocoon
>    </VirtualHost>
>    <VirtualHost 10.0.0.181>
>      ServerName  images.example.com
>      DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/example
>    </VirtualHost>
> So now when a request comes in you'll have Apache handle it differently
> for "www" vs "images"
>
> Its not that elegant to have references to
> "http://static.example.com/path/to/myhelp.html" but hey, it gets the job
> done.  You can tell cocoon to throw in the "static" a href for you so it
> wouldn't be that much work.
>
> Chris

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH