cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: AW: "global sitemap parameters" and programatic cocoon configuration
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:15:12 GMT
Hy, Jeremy;

Thank you for this hint. That's great, because this comes
in fact very close to what i want. The only thing
i would have to change in my current setup is switching
from property-notation to XML-notation in my customisation
files. I planned this move anyway.

Only one last question, before i dive into it. Does this
also work on cocoon-2.0.4, or do i have to wait until 2.1
is released ?

regards, Hussayn

Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 06:44 PM, SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous wrote:
>

>> I also learned, that input modules is something not yet released,
>> and under discussion...
>>
>> I'll start experimenting with DefaultsMetaModule and add some
>> stuff into cocoon.xconf and look into this in more depth. I would
>> appreciate, if anyone could add a little more light to this ...
>>

> Here's an example from my config in Cocoon 2.1:
>
> WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:
> <component-instance
>   class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule"
>   logger="core.modules.xml" name="my-org-conf">
>  <file src="WEB-INF/my-org.xconf"/>
> </component-instance>
>
> <component-instance
>   class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.ChainMetaModule"
>   logger="core.modules.input" name="my-org">
>  <input-module name="request-param"/>
>  <input-module name="simple-map">
>    <prefix>/vars/</prefix>
>    <input-module name="my-org-conf"/>
>  </input-module>
> </component-instance>
>
> WEB-INF/my-org.xconf:
> <vars>
>   <start>0</start>
>   <count>25</count>
>   <xslt>parts/xsl</xslt>
> </vars>
>
> my-org.xmap (a sub site-map)
> <map:transform src="{my-org:xslt}/process-sql.xsl">
>   <map:parameter name="count" value="{my-org:count}"/>
>   <map:parameter name="start" value="{my-org:start}"/>
> </map:transform>
>
> Values from the xml file can be used as values in the sitemap.
> In this example, any of the 'vars' can be overridden by a request
> parameter.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> regards Jeremy

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous