cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Irv Salisbury III <...@dotech.com>
Subject Reporting Engine
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:41:30 GMT
I have been tasked to build/find/modify a reporting engine inside
cocoon.  I have looked at the POI project, and it will not fit, as we
don't want Excel to be the client.  I am hoping for any information on
any engines that people have used inside cocoon, or if anyone knows of
any engines that are XML based that could be integrated.  Our ideal
solution would be:

1. Has an XML based template mechanism to let end users create templates.
2. Uses XSL to translate to HTML/PDF.  (We can build these, but if the
engine has them already, great)
3. Has a mechanism for plugging in SQL into the pipeline for the data to
put in the template.  (We can build this as well, but if it is already
in there, great)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Irv