cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject "global sitemap parameters" and programatic cocoon configuration
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:20:01 GMT
Hy, all

I just fall over a configuration issue:

1.) assume you like to use a "global parameter" ${myserver}
     within several places in your sitemap AND all subsitemaps.
     Is the following (or something equivalent) possible
     to do:

     <map:sitemap>
       <map:parameter name="myserver" value="http://myserver" />

       <map:match pattern="*/canvas/collection">
         <map:read src="html:${/myserver}/index.xml"/>
       </map:match>

2.) Is it possible to also add such parameters programatically
     to the rootsitemap and use them all over in cocoon?

     I.e. i want the variable ${myserver} be preset from an
     external configuration, which happens to be separate from
     sitemap.xmap.
     background: I would like to keep the customisation at one
     place and keep my customers away from sitemap.xmap if possible.

     is something like this possible with cocoon:

     1.) on-startup of cocoon process an additional java-class-instance
         (a servlet, or better an initilisation-component
          specified in cocoon.xconf)
     2.) the initialisation-class reads a customisationfile and
         adds a set of global variables to the rootsitemap.
     3.) After cocoon came up the global sitemap parameters are
         available within any sitemap.xmap ....

     Does anyone know, if this could be achieved and if yes, could you
     point me to an example or a document about this ?

     thanks you
     Hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous