cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <Thorsten.Scher...@weidmueller.de>
Subject AW: Scheduler with cocoon
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:27:36 GMT
Hi list,

do you know wyona (http://www.wyona.org)?

They have implemended a scheduler! Just ask them for advice ! (wyonacms-dev@wyona.org)

king regards
Thorsten

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Niclas Hedhman [mailto:niclas@hedhman.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Februar 2003 07:11
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Scheduler with cocoon

On Friday 14 February 2003 05:17, Guenther Schmidt wrote:
> provided you're using Linix, you might want to create a cron job a'la wget
> http://url that triggers your pipeline.

If you are not Linux expert, but using it more casually, the above can seem a
bit cryptic.

cron is a time scheduler in Linux, which executes shell scripts according to
settings in a table. Most Linux Distros has a default cron configuration that
is pretty is to use. For RedHat, create a sheel script and place it in
/etc/cron.daily, and it will execute once a day (think it is in the middle of
night).

The script should look like this;

#!/bin/sh
#

wget http://www.mydomain.com/cocoon/theResource

and I think you need to set the "x" flag on the script file, such as;

chmod +x mydailyrequest.sh

That should be crystal clear.

> This is just a fallback possibility if nobody comes up with a better
> answer.

I think this is a perfect solution, as cron is extremely reliable.

> Guenther (turning 35 in 2.5 hours)

Niclas , turned 35 29680 hours ago ;o)   New yardstick for age?