cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: multi-part forms
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:28:17 GMT
On 20.Feb.2003 -- 04:58 PM, David Kavanagh wrote:
> I'm looking over documentation on cocoon and can't find anything that
> deals with handling multi-part forms. Specificly, I'd like to be able to
> upload an XLS file, use POI to convert to XML, then mess with it a bit.
> So, as far as I can tell, there are two part I might have to write, the
> multi-part form handling, and the XSL->XML part. Two questions about

On multipart forms see
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadsWithCocoon
in addition, there's an upload example included with the database
samples.

> that... looks lke XSP is used to process forms. Is there anything I can

There are a lot actions related to forms around. Have a look at the
XMLForms stuff for example. Don't know how that behaves with uploads,
though.

> put in a pipeline that will turn form parameters into XML? (some

See request generator.

> generator?) Should something that converts XSL->XML be a generator? I
> know POI generates SAX events, which means it can be a generator, but,
> how would it get the multi-part form data on the input side? It would be
> nice not to need a temporary file...

One - not necessarily good - way would be to write an input module
that calls POI, operates on another module (i.e. raw request
parameters) and returns a DOM. But since you plan to use XSL on the
output (?) it might not make sense.

Perhaps the best way is indeed to write a generator and call it in an
extra pipeline.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l