cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: AW: "global sitemap parameters" and programatic cocoon configuration
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:06:01 GMT

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 06:44 PM, SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous
wrote:

> I also learned, that input modules is something not yet released,
> and under discussion...
>
> I'll start experimenting with DefaultsMetaModule and add some
> stuff into cocoon.xconf and look into this in more depth. I would
> appreciate, if anyone could add a little more light to this ...

Here's an example from my config in Cocoon 2.1:

WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:
<component-instance
   class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule"
   logger="core.modules.xml" name="my-org-conf">
  <file src="WEB-INF/my-org.xconf"/>
</component-instance>

<component-instance
   class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.ChainMetaModule"
   logger="core.modules.input" name="my-org">
  <input-module name="request-param"/>
  <input-module name="simple-map">
    <prefix>/vars/</prefix>
    <input-module name="my-org-conf"/>
  </input-module>
</component-instance>

WEB-INF/my-org.xconf:
<vars>
   <start>0</start>
   <count>25</count>
   <xslt>parts/xsl</xslt>
</vars>

my-org.xmap (a sub site-map)
<map:transform src="{my-org:xslt}/process-sql.xsl">
   <map:parameter name="count" value="{my-org:count}"/>
   <map:parameter name="start" value="{my-org:start}"/>
</map:transform>

Values from the xml file can be used as values in the sitemap.
In this example, any of the 'vars' can be overridden by a request
parameter.

Hope this helps

regards Jeremy