cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Dulisch" <mduli...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: How to load Cocoon into Eclipse-Tomcat plugin from Sysdeo
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:16:14 GMT
Sylvain,

I use the tomcat plug-in "only" to start/stop tomcat out of eclipse. I
dont use the tomcat project type.

If you want to develop java components like actions or transformers
than create a java project. If you do not develop java components than
you can create a simple project. The project folder should be in both
cases the tomcat/webapps/cocoon folder.

Java Build Path settings (Properties of the project):
- Build output folder: WEB-INF/classes
- Libraries: add libs from WEB-INF/lib you need to compile

To start/stop tomcat set the tomcat path in Windows/Preferences. The
tomcat plug-in starts tomcat in debug mode. So you can set breakpoints
in your source files. I use tomcat 4.1.X. Here hot code replacement
works for me.

For the non java work I use the sunBow plug-in :)

Hope I did not have forget anything.

Martin