cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nesto" <nest...@libero.it>
Subject Re: session:set-attribute !error!
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:17:43 GMT
Hi!
I get the same error, with a similar group of instructions.
I think your code is correct, and it should work.
However, my solution was to write the same instruction in java:

session.setAttribute("user", user);

inside a <xsp:logic> element

This worked...

Nesto

----- Original Message -----
From: <Maxime.Gheysen@swisscom.com>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: session:set-attribute !error!

When I write
<session:set-attribute
name="user"><xsp:expr>user</xsp:expr></session:set-attribute>
I get an error :
java.lang.NullPointerException

But I don't understand, If I take the line, make a copy-paste of the
same line it works. Then after some refreshes it don't work again!

I don't understand! Why??? I'm sure <xsp:expr>user</xsp:expr> is
correct, and <session:set-attribute name="user"> is correct to!

Thanks for your help