cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Anna Afonchenko" <a...@ubaccess.com>
Subject Re: XPath problems in Cocoon?
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:04:47 GMT
Derek

I don't get any error message, at least not in WEB-IN/logs/error.log
I get an xml document in the browser:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
  <root />

i.e., the stylesheet was applied successfully, it just didn't match anything.
Maybe my XPath expression is wrong, but then how comes it works in XMLSpy?

Thanks for answering
Anna
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Derek Hohls
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 12:51 PM
  Subject: Re: XPath problems in Cocoon?

  Anna

  What type of error message do you get in the log files?

  >>> anna@ubaccess.com 20/02/2003 12:40:10 >>>

  Hi all. I am not sure that this message is related to Cocoon, so I apologize,
  if this is not appropriate here.

  I have a very simple html - test.html:
  <head>
  <title>Test anchors</title>
  </head>
  some text

  I want to choose the 'a' nodes for which first following node that is not a white-space
only node is 'a' node. E.g. in the html above only the first 'a' node should be picked up.
  I wrote a very simple xsl - test.xsl:
  <xsl:template match="/">
  <root>
  <xsl:for-each select="//a[name(following-sibling::node()[1][not(self::text() and normalize-space())])='a']">
  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:for-each>
  </root>
  </xsl:template>
  </xsl:stylesheet>

  When I apply this stylesheet on my test.html using XMLSpy's XSL Transformation Tool, I get
this xml:
  <root>One</root>, e.g. it chose correctly the first a node.
  But when I apply this stylesheet using Cocoon, I get empty <root/> as a result, e.g.
in Cocoon nothing is chosen.
  Here is my pipeline:
  <map:match pattern="testAnchors">
  <map:generate src="ub/testing/test.html" type="html"/>
  <map:transform type="xslt-saxon" src="ub/testing/test.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>

  Can somebody explain me what is wrong with my stylesheet and why doesn't it work using Cocoon?

  Thank you very much for help and sorry if this is not too much related.

  Best regards,

  Anna

  "The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
  attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
  organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
  therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
  The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
  of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
  Internet Policy."