cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Oskar Casquero" <jtaca...@bi.ehu.es>
Subject custom transformer problem
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:08:53 GMT
Hello,

My question is about exception handling in cocoon. I've a transformer that checks the validity
of an XML document. If the document is not valid it throws an exception.
When the transformer is after a generator it works well: it throws an exception and the error
page is sent to the browser. But if the transformer is after another transformer, it doesn't
throw the exception and all the pipeline is executed. However, the exception is logged in
sitemap.log. Does anybody know how solve this problem?

     <map:match pattern="UML_MAST_XMI2MAST_XMLresponse">
      <map:generate type="myStream">
       <map:parameter name="file-name" value="mast"/>
       <map:parameter name="validation" value="false"/>
      </map:generate>
      <map:transform type="xalan" src="stylesheets/xmi2xml.xsl"/> <!-- if I add this
transformer, the following transformer doesn't work well; if I delete it myValidation transformer
works well-->
      <map:transform type="myValidation">
       <map:parameter name="dom-name" value="DBresult"/>
       <map:parameter name="dom-root-element" value="MAST_RT_View"/>
       <map:parameter name="schema" value="mast.xsd"/>
      </map:transform>
      <map:transform type="xalan" src="stylesheets/simple-xml2html.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize/>
     </map:match>

Oskar