cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "ivelin" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: extending XMLForms for different kinds of models...opinions?
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:30:27 GMT
RE: extending XMLForms for different kinds of models...opinions?Jonathan,

please elaborate on the multiple models requirement.

I think that Josema's idea is a significant step forward.
It does not prohibit future extensions, so I definitely support it, but in the meanwhile I
am interested to hear what else can we do in the future.

-=Ivelin=-
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jonathan Spaeth
  To: 'Josema Alonso ' ; 'Cocoon-Users '
  Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 1:00 PM
  Subject: RE: extending XMLForms for different kinds of models...opinions?

  As a user of cocoon, I see this as a very advantageous feature.  I am currently using cocoon/xmlform
and have been developing with it for about five months now.

  Your suggestion matches some of the thoughts I was having at the start of my project while
I was becoming accustomed to using the framework.  I have taken advantage of the javabean
architecture in the sense that I can dynamically grab data from different data sources, but
I agree in the simple cases an xml model would be well-suited.

  Another suggestion I would have is to allow for multiple models.  The W3C spec for xforms
has been designed around multiple models; if a second revision of xmlforms is in the works,
I would suggest investigating this feature.

  Jon