cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Josema Alonso" <jos...@simbiosystems.com>
Subject cinclude transformer VERY slow
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:43:21 GMT
Dear all,

I'm playing around with the CInclude transformer and the Directory generator
for aggregation in latest 2.1(within the included Jetty engine). I've chosen
this way and not the Aggregate one cause I want the included files to be
dynamically select.

Anyway, each time I request the URL, the pipeline gets executed correctly
but it takes ages to render the result. I only have three very very small
files (700 bytes) in the directory. When I run my pipleine I first get the
list of files using the Directory Generator, then make an XSL trasnformation
so I get something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <page xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
    <cinclude:include src="n_2003_02_24.news.xml" element="included" />
    <cinclude:include src="n_2003_02_23_1.news.xml" element="included" />
    <cinclude:include src="n_2003_02_23_0.news.xml" element="included" />
  </page>

Next step in my pipeline is to apply the CInclude transformer. As I said, it
renders but it takes some 1m30s. Of course, this is not acceptable.

I tried switching to the CachingCIncludeTransformer and also to the
XIncludeTransformer but unfortunately I had the same results.

Does anybody had this problem?

Thanks for reading.