cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: I cant get cocoon to process??
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:02:55 GMT
Richard

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cocoon application
debugging !

First off, I assume that the Cocoon samples are up-and-
running, so that you have tested that the Cocoon servlet
as such is working OK.

Next thing is to check the log files; you will find them
located under the [cocoon] directory (which I guess you
have installed somewhere under tomcat)  in a subdir
called WEB-INF/logs.

Finally - and this is the hard part! - you will need to try
and understand what is causing the "missing link" -
it *seems* like it might be the entry in your site map -
perhaps you can post that part of the site map that
should be doing the xml/xsl matching so we can try
and figure where there might be an error.

Derek

>>> richard@cunliffe.net 28/01/2003 10:40:03 >>>

Apache             -           v1.3Cocoon             -
v2.0Tomcat             -           v3.3aJserv                 -
 1.1.1 Operating system -        Windows XP  I can not get cocoon to
work. The problem I have is that when I try and load an xml page, it
will not use the style sheet and show the desired page. Instead the
browser only shows the xml document (source code). I have linked cocoon
and tomcat, and tomcat with apache using Jserv. What suggestions do you
have? Richard.

"The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
Internet Policy."