cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy Larson" <Tdlar...@ci.canton.oh.us>
Subject Re: sitemap flow based on requestor's URL?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:05:08 GMT
You could make your XSP into an action:
  http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSPAction

Then you could use the action's indication of success or failure
to redirect to different places:
      <map:match pattern="*.html">
          <map:act type="xsp-action" src="some.xsp">
            <map:redirect-to uri="some-place.html"/>
          </map:act>
          <map:redirect-to uri="other-place.html"/>
      </map:match>

Tim

>>> WBrandes@air.org 01/02/03 02:42PM >>>
I want to direct flow through the sitemap based on whether the requestor is
inside or outside my firewall.  Everyone external to the firewall will
appear to cocoon to have the same URL. I need external visitors to be
directed to a login page. Internal visitors should be automatically assigned
a session object so they dont have to login and can directly access
protected area of the sitemap.

I'd like to be able to do this using sitemap logic but the only way I find
to get access to the requestor's URL is with xsp:get-remote-address.

If I must use an xsp page for this, I can test the URL and create a session
if it's an internal URL. but then I would need to follow this up with a
redirect to the protected area.

any suggestions for an approach to the solution greatly appreciated.

Wayne

Wayne Brandes, DO MPH
Director of Healthcare Informatics
American Institutes for Research