cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon Portal Framework for production use?
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:48:19 GMT
Martin Schimak wrote:

> I have a new Intranet project (In July 2003, a very first release
> should be ready) and
> would like to use Cocoon 2.1 with Portal Framework to implement
> it. I would like to know
> your personal opinions: Is it safe now to use 2.1 for production?

Personally, I see no problems in using 2.1 in production environment,
we are using it and many others here on the list are using 2.1
in production environments for many months.
But, as 2.1 is currently alpha, you might have to deal with
incompatible changes which might occur in the next weeks until
a beta is available.

> I understand that End
> of February 2003 2.1 Beta 1 is available. Does exist a possible
> release day for 2.1-final?

No, there are no real dates - the date for the beta 1 is currently
only a wish - we will see by then if we can make it. But I think
the beta will come in the next two or three months (but don't
quote me on this).

HTH
Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler