cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject RE: Cocoon Competence Center Updates
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:27:45 GMT

Robert,

I agree on the sorry state of the doc in Cocoon; sorry state which I take, partially, as a
fault of mine, since I wrote only 3-4 FAQ
entries and a couple pages... and I could have done more.

I don't agree on the bug resolution part: I uncovered a couple problems with the SQLTranformer:
it was easy to fix them and have
them (well, actually one) accepted by the committers.

Compare that with a closed-source product: it would have taken me days struggling with the
tech support to just have the problem
recognised as such; and then, I would have ended up waiting for the next release.

Regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org