cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Rolappe" <m_rola...@web.de>
Subject AW: AW: Accessing session variables in the sitemap.xmap
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 00:52:30 GMT
hey heiko,

see comments inline

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

the thing is that it was not set *earlier*. this has to do with how
pipelines work. the xsp attribute
create-session="true" leads to code in the serverpage's generate() method.
but this method is not called before pipeline setup. so at pipeline
setup/assembly time the session will not yet have been created.

> serverpage (while working on the same request) but i'll have to live
> with it.
>
> Now I wrote an action that does the talking to the session and it works
> fine. The serverpages just lost some of their value for me. I was so

it's not really the serverpages' fault. you can have create-session="true"
get to work. the xsp logicsheet just has to be modified accordingly (create
the session in the XSP's setup() method.

> happy with the XMLFragment implementation of mine working out so well
> but if session modifications are delayed to the next page request ....
>
> Gn8 Heiko!

jo, schlaf ma gut!