cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sushil Bhattarai" <sush...@hotmail.com>
Subject xsl parameter
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:16:03 GMT
Hi

This is more of a xsl question but it relates to cocoon so I thought of
putting it here.

I'm trying to capture parameter passed by user in xsl stylesheet. In my
sitemap, I've declared the following:

<map:match pattern="service1">
    <map:generate src="xml/test1.xml" type="file"/>
    <map:transform src="xsl/stylesheet01_new.xsl">
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

Now, when I pass a variable, lets say location in the browser like this
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/service1?location=Nepal my goal is to capture
the value of the location in the stylesheet. I've declared parameter
location in my stylesheet like this

<xsl:param name="location"/>

I was hoping that <xsl:value-of select="$location"/> would give the the
value of location, which in this case is Nepal. But it does not. What is the
proper syntax? Any xml-xsl gurus out there?

Sushil