cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Harms" <jan.ha...@vivai.de>
Subject AW: Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 404
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:16:41 GMT
Richard,

it seems that your request reaches the Tomcat-Server, but not the Cocoon-Servlet (If Coccon
can┬┤t find a certain page it displays something like "Cocoon 2 - Resource not found").

Make sure that your /soundpool URIs are send to the Cocoon-Servlet: Check

TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml    (assert that URI is send to Cocoon-Web-App)

and the <servlet-mapping> element in

your_cocoon_app/WEB_INF/web.xml   (assert that URI is send to Cocoon-Servlet)

bye

-Jan

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Cunliffe [mailto:richard@cunliffe.net]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2003 14:34
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 404

Hi,

I can see there is an argument going on at the moment, but if anyone has time....

I now have installed the following:

            JDK 1.3

            Cocoon 2.0.4

            Tomcat 4.0.6

            Apache 2.0.42

And they are all working! :-)

I had previously had installed Cocoon 1.3 and tomcat 3.3a, and I put a simple soundpool example
in the webapps directory. This displayed only the source code of the xml file, hence the upgrade.

I have got all the new versions installed and I have put the same example in the webapps directory
in tomcat again, and tried viewing it through Internet Explorer 6. It is coming up with the
following error:

  Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 404 - /soundpool/soundpool.xml

  type Status report

  message /soundpool/soundpool.xml

  description The requested resource (/soundpool/soundpool.xml) is not available.

I have put the following code in my sitemap under pipelines:

  <!-- soundpool -->

  <map:pipeline>

      <map:match pattern="soundpool/soundpool">

            <map:generate src="soundpool.xml"/>

            <map:transform src="soundpool.xsl"/>

            <map:serialize/>

      </map:match>

  </map:pipeline>

I'm sure this is a really simple problem to fix.

Thanks,

Richard.