cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kavita Bansal <Kavita.Ban...@intiqua.com>
Subject RE: xsl parameter
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:55:07 GMT
Just check the location where u have declared the parameter in the XSL.
Declare the parameter on the top of stylesheet,
i.e. just after the xsl header(<? xsl:stylesheet version="".... ?>)
Check if it works then..

Rgds

-----Original Message-----
From: Sushil Bhattarai [mailto:sushilb@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 6:46 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: xsl parameter

Hi

This is more of a xsl question but it relates to cocoon so I thought of
putting it here.

I'm trying to capture parameter passed by user in xsl stylesheet. In my
sitemap, I've declared the following:

<map:match pattern="service1">
    <map:generate src="xml/test1.xml" type="file"/>
    <map:transform src="xsl/stylesheet01_new.xsl">
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

Now, when I pass a variable, lets say location in the browser like this
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/service1?location=Nepal my goal is to capture
the value of the location in the stylesheet. I've declared parameter
location in my stylesheet like this

<xsl:param name="location"/>

I was hoping that <xsl:value-of select="$location"/> would give the the
value of location, which in this case is Nepal. But it does not. What is the

proper syntax? Any xml-xsl gurus out there?

Sushil

            INTIQUA International
    Intelligent Solutions, Quality Execution

Note: The information and data contained in this message (and attachments)
may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure to any
party or parties apart from the intended recipient. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.