cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Howard" <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject RE: XMLForms Versus Traditional HTML forms.
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:59:27 GMT

One potential upside is the fact that XMLForms uses beans for the datamodel
(I think).  that being the case, I have assumed there'd be a way to let
ejb's fill that role (which based on past discussions I assume you're using
here) and you'd get the binding to/from the form for free as you can in jsp.

> Another thing is if it is in draft than that would be one reason
> for me to do
> it the old way. Real business applications require something that
> works. That
> isn't always the same thing as something that is "cool".

I've not used xmlform yet because of the draft status and the time to
learn - same issues you raise.  Looks quite promising though, especially if
the bean hunch pans out.