cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Darren Petrie <dpet...@anteon.com>
Subject Re: i18n catalogue and sql
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 08:55:54 GMT
You can access a request parameter variable inside your sitemap via a
matcher or a selector

<map:matcher  name="request-parameter"
src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.RequestParameterMatcher"/>
<map:selector name="request-parameter"
src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.RequestSelector"/>

As a matcher---

<map:match pattern="mydoc">
	<map:match type="request-parameter" pattern="locale">
		<map:generate src="xdocs/mydoc-{1}.xml"/>
	</map:match>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

As a selector---

<map:match pattern="mydoc">
	<map:select type="request-parameter">
		<map:parameter name="parameter-name" value="locale"/>

		<map:when test="en">
			..do something
		</map:when>

		<map:otherwise>
			..do something else
		</map:otherwise>
	</map:select>
</map:match>

Hope that answers your question.

Darren

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 03:12 PM, Cocoon User wrote:

> hi martin this is a way to send a parameter inside your xsl file
> (pretty
> good) but i need something else
>
> i want to use a request parameter as a variable inside my sitemap
>
> example
>
> if i have http://../...?locale=el
>
> src="{locale}_data.xml"
>
> point to el_data.xml
>
> (i have do something similar using a action just like in i18n example
> from
> 2.1 version of cocoon but i'm wondering if there is another way to do
> this
> without action)
>
> thnx stavros
>

> On 5 Jan 2003, Martin L├╝thi wrote:
>

>> You can use the request parameter like this:
>>
>>   <map:transform src="stylesheets/mystyle.xsl">
>>      <map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>
>>      <map:parameter name="region" value="{request:locale}"/>
>>   </map:transform>
>>
>> Cheers Martin
>>

>> Cocoon User <cocoon@eng.gr> writes:
>>
>>> i know how to make a src file selection based to requested url using
>>> matches
>>>
>>> http://...../el/test
>>> http://...../en/test
>>>
>>> <map:match pattern="*/*">
>>> 	<map:generate src="{1}_{2}.xml"/>
>>> </map:patch>
>>>
>>> but how can do  something similar using parameter?
>>>
>>> http://..../test?locale=el
>>> http://..../test?locale=en
>>>
>>> using {1} or {2} i refer to first or second * in pattern
>>> but how can i refer to locale prameter value inside <map:match/> ?

Darren Petrie
dpetrie@anteon.com