cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brian Johnson <brian.john...@vitiro.com>
Subject Re: Log4J in Cocoon
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:47:26 GMT
For anybody else that's interested, The latest CVS of Excalibur and
Avalon-Framework support this through the
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.Logger2LogKitManager class for
Cocoon2.1. Here are the steps I took:
1. replaced avalon-framework.jar, excalibur-logger.jar and logkit.jar
with the latest CVS builds.
2. extended the CocoonServlet class init method to set the
Logger2LogKitManager as the LogKitManager and reinitialize cocoon
3. updated web.xml for the new Servlet class
Now I can control all my logging with Log4J, and I didn't have to
change any existing Cocoon or Avalon code. I'm not sure if this will
work with Cocoon 2.0.x. Thanks.
Brian