cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Arnold <Jac...@envworld.com>
Subject Trouble Passing Parameters
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:28:07 GMT
I'm having difficulty passing parameters to my XSP. I'm using the following
in my sitemap:

<map:match pattern="*/test.html">
  <map:generate src="docs/test.xsp" type="serverpages">
    <map:parameter name="id" value="{1}"/>
  </map:generate>
  <map:transform src="stylesheets/encode-html.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

And this in my XSP

<xsp-request:get-parameter name="id"/>

But the value is not showing up. When I try the code suggested in the
matchers and selectors doc,
<xsp:expr>parameters.getParameter("id")</xsp:expr> I get this error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
test_xsp: Line 373, column 71: unreported exception:
org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.ParameterException; must be caught or
declared to be thrown Line 0, column 0: 1 error

Any ideas? I'm using Cocoon 2.0.4 and Tomcat 4.1.12. I tried putting the
<map:parameter> element within my transform, but that didn't seem to work
either.

Thanks,