cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon hosting - experiences?
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:12:34 GMT
i'm using this combination:

apache-1.3.26 (mod_jk, SSL)
tomcat-4.1.18
cocoon-2.0.4
DB2-UDB-7.1
Secureway-LDAP-3.2.1

i'm serving my companies website with this. My overall
Uptime of the site is 100% but that may not say anything,
because the site is only running since one month.
My site is rather simple (int terms of cocoon usage)
at the moment. But it serves the pages dynamically
directly from xml (the navigation is dynamically created).

i'm satisfied in all aspects. But im running the service
on my own hardware (PC/Linux), so i have no problems with
any provider.

i dont know, how problematic it is to get a provider
to run a webapp. but that shouldn't be a big technical
problem...

Besides this i'm currently building a highly dynamic
webapplication, that serves as a metasearch engine.
the frontend is pure cocoon. also here im satisfied with
the current results.

regards, hussayn

gv wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am curious about people's experiences with setting
> up live Cocoon sites with a Web host:
>
> Any hosts that seem particularly good (or bad)?
>
> How about uptime for the Cocoon servlet and the
> servlet container? Any controls for restarting if
> needed?
>
> Satisfied with the version of Cocoon, Java, and
> whatever database is provided?
>
> Or, are you using an ordinary Web host and pushing out
> the Cocoon-created content as static pages?
>
> I'd appreciate anything you could share on this. I'm a
> huge fan of Cocoon and am finding it very useful to
> build sites. I'm still mostly using it to create
> static pages, but wondering if there are brighter
> options out there.
>
> Thank you,
> John

> http://mailplus.yahoo.com