cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Irving Salisbury <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Time to go back to JSP. Cocoon just isnt ready.
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:03:32 GMT
Steven,

Because people are going to flame you, I thought maybe I'd send an email
agreeing with you ;-)

When I first started using cocoon, it seemed weird and akward.  It took
about 2-3 months of really digging in and trying to use it.  This was
before there were good books out, of which there are 2 really good ones
that really cut the learning time down. We have now used it successfully
on 4 major projects, all at fortune 100 companies.  I think it is the
greatest thing since sliced bread, and so do our customers.  If I had
made any kind of snap judgements on it, I might have disappeared after
two weeks as well.  I also agree that this community, while I have only
been actively watching it for a couple days now, has really tried to
help Robert out and provided good answers.  Plus, the bug listed is with
XSP, which I have yet to use on any of my projects because it is quirky
at best.  There are so many other good things in cocoon, I'd hate to
throw them all out because of this one thing.

Irv