cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: Using the results of an aggregate part.
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:42:08 GMT
thats interesting...

i got a similar usecase yesterday:

o An application can be asked to give away some configuration
   parameters in an XML stream. i.e a list of search engines
   with names, links, search-parameter-descriptors and so on.
o now i ask my application once for the config
   to get the list of search engines. then i create a search
   engine-selector (using an xsl transform)
o then i ask my application to deliver the data for the
   "currently selected" search-engine. i use a different
   xslt to build the inputmask for the engine.
o finally i take the results and bundle them to
   the final page with just another xslt.

assume, the application can't be changed, then i am forced to
either create a transformer for "search-engine-selector + input-mask"
that does not use aggregation, or i have to call my app twice,
getting back the same data twice and transforming it differently.

If it where possible to call the application once, then apply
two map:part to the result, this would help enormously in my
use case.

What i can think of is something like dropping the data to
a file, then aggregating from the file. that should be possible
in one call, but how could that be done ?

regards, hussayn

Geoff Howard wrote:
> At first glance, this does not look very natural in Cocoon, but I don't
> think there's enough information given to advise you.  What needs to happen
> in the rest of the pipeline?  Are you truly aggregating the content of those
> two items, or are you merely trying to use the aggregate feature to trigger
> the two pipelines in order?  What does each individual pipeline do/return?
>
> Geoff

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH
Neuenhöfer Allee 125