cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@pcextremist.com>
Subject Re: Getting a generator class to reload.
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:53:03 GMT
I use the following in Tomcat 4.1.17 and have been swapping Actions in
and out without any real problems.  My server is Debian Linux on a 1GHz
Athlon w/ 256MB RAM (not even approaching the high end) and reloading
usually takes less than five seconds for me...and I think that's just
mostly sitemap reloading.  I have never seen anything even remotely like
30 seconds.  Are you switching out jar files or just classes.  Jar files
I think require context reloading, but files in WEB-INF/classes should
show up immediately.

I can't speak to JBoss3 though although, if memory servers, most of the
Tomcat configuration items are still available -- just as jndi and jmx
resources instead of XML configs.

The war file is unpacked in /var/local/www/docroot (WEB-INF and the root
sitemap.xmap is directly under docroot but are not publically readable)
and is set up to run as the default context (not under a /cocoon URL).

Note to casual readers: do not put this configuration on a production
server!

<Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
         cachingAllowed="true"
         charsetMapperClass="org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMapper"
         cookies="true"
         crossContext="false"
         debug="0"
         displayName="Cocoon2 Demo"
         docBase="/var/local/www/docroot"
         mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper"
         path=""
         privileged="false"
         swallowOutput="false"
         useNaming="true"
         wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper"
         reloadable="true"/>