cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: newbies documentation - yet another wiki?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:19:38 GMT
Hy, Derek;

Something else crawled into my mind:

I agree with you, that using a wiki as playing
ground for growing knowledge, it makes perfect
sense to extract mature infos from that site and
fill them into the "cocoon information site".
But i would disagree, if this would lead to a newbies
site and an experts site.

By the way, why not use the sunshine portal for that purpose?

lets get a bit visionary:

what about having:

o the cocoon documentation set for distribution
   manual pages
   possibly pdf for printout version
o the cocoon online site
   including online access to the docs (multiple versions
   of course, difference viewer as option)
o the cocoon documentation playground (wikipages)
o access to other related sites, bookstores,
   this mailing list, commercial project enabler, ...

All of this tied together by the sunshine portal, or
jetspeed, or whatever....
Give it a newbies view, an experts view,
a developers view, a personal view....

I would personally be very excited, if some people could
come together and start something like that... im ever
willing to learn and put some spare time into this...

regards, hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH