cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: Getting a generator class to reload.
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:13:07 GMT
Assuming you run tomcat:

When you enable "reloadable='true'" in your Context the
whole webapp should restart every time a class is changed.
Once in a while i get unpredictable behaviour like
webapp doesnt restart, or hangs during restart or even
VM exits.
I never figured out, what my container complains about,
but in general i'm happy with "reloadable='true'" during
development. For production it would be a very bad idea
to enable this feature ;-)

I heard rumours about the possibility with tomcat to
only reload the changed resources while keeping the webapp
up and running, but i never found the howto...

regards, hussayn

Robert Simmons wrote:
> Nope .. didn't work. Still has the old class cached. I hope I don have to
> redeploy the whole damn thing every time I update a class.
>
> -- Robert

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH
Neuenhöfer Allee 125