cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject How can i use RequestParamAction and match fields in parallel ?
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:57:46 GMT
Hy;

I want to use the RequestParam action to pass a parameter into
an aggregation. In parallel the parts of the agregation shall
be assembled from the match parameters {1} {2} ...

My "original sitemap" leads to an  "Resource not found" error:

  <snip .../>

  <map:actions>
  <map:action name="request"
              logger="sitemap.action.request"
              src ="org.apache.cocoon.acting.RequestParamAction">
  </map:action>
  </map:actions>

  <snip .../>

  <map:match pattern="*">
    <map:act type="request">
      <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
      <map:aggregate element="page">
        <map:part element = "menu"    src="cocoon:/{1}/menu"/>
        <map:part element = "canvas"  src="cocoon:/{1}/canvas?usercollection={usercollection}"/>
      </map:aggregate>
    </map:act>
    <map:transform src="xsl/page.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

>From what i see in the logs i guess {1} is filled with blank or null.
i get an error stating "Resource 'menu' not found"
I can't see, whether {usercollection} is also blanked out...

first experiment:
----------------
If  i take out the action, the aggregation takes
place as expected ({useracollection} is now empty of course):

 <map:match pattern="*">
    <map:aggregate element="page">
      <map:part element = "menu"    src="cocoon:/search/menu"/>
      <map:part element = "canvas"  src="cocoon:/search/canvas?usercollection={usercollection}"/>
    </map:aggregate>
    <map:transform src="xsl/page.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

secnd experiment:
------------------
The flow works as expected when i keep the action but eliminate
the {1} reference as follows:

 <map:match pattern="*">
    <map:act type="request">
      <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
      <map:aggregate element="page">
        <map:part element = "menu"    src="cocoon:/search/menu"/>
        <map:part element = "canvas"  src="cocoon:/search/canvas?usercollection={usercollection}"/>
      </map:aggregate>
    </map:act>
    <map:transform src="xsl/page.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

Can anyone explain me, what i am doing wrong in the "original sitemap" above ?
any hint would help...

regards, husayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous