cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@pcextremist.com>
Subject Caching oddity
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:50:06 GMT
I'm going through the process of writing my first generator.  I works
fine for what I need it to do, but I can't seem to get caching to work
with it.  My generator extends from ComposerGenerator and implements
CacheableProcessingComponent.

I have implemented the following methods:

    public java.io.Serializable generateKey()
    public SourceValidity generateValidity()

My key is quite unique (and verbose).  I am using TimeStampValidity from
Excalibur.  I put in some debug statements and I can confirm that the
key and the timestamp are staying the same (and are not null/0) -- which
actually fits with the behavior.

The behavior is that the first (uncached) call works fine.  All
subsequent calls give me an empty page...or rather it gives me

even though I am accessing a URL with only the generator and the XML
serializer in the pipeline.  The caching engine can see that I want it
cached and that it is currently cacheable.  There is of course more to
the component than this, but nothing that I know is related to caching.
All of my output is done through this.contentHandler.[SAX method] and
without caching, it works fine.

What am I missing?

- Miles