cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: 10 basic survival tips for cocoon users (was: Logicsheet problems - global XSLT variables)
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:19:24 GMT
Hy

Mark H wrote:

>>For XSLT processing i have added Saxon-6.5.2.
>

> Are you saying that Xerces doesn't deal with global XSLT variables properly?

NO. Of course xalan can handle globals and i am using this
feature with xalan too..
I say, that some aspects of xslt can be done with saxon,
which can't be done with xalan and vice versa, e.g. there
is a (possible) bug with entity resolving within style sheets,
that is (partially) solved when using saxon...

interested people can see:

http://www.saxess.com/JSPWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EntityResolver

(last chapter focusses on saxon)

>>4.) Proceed in "baby steps" when changing things in your cocoon app
>

> But it really slows up development

The survival tips adress newbies. expereinced users may
use different (more efficient) strategies...

>>8.) I started using the "coocon developers handbook"
>

> I got "Cocoon - Building XML Applications" and "Coocoon 2 Programming" but
> they don't get into the development site of things very deeply, especially
> the first book. Might try out the book you mentioned.

i prefer the "cocoon developers handbook" because it really goes
into real life examples with code snippets and so on. It adresses
my programmers needs quite well. Of course it doesn't go into the
depest secrets of cocoon, but cocoon is anyway a running target,
hence using the book plus the cocoon wiki fits at least my basic
needs.

regards, hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous