cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: Server to Server Cookie?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:18:46 GMT
Hy;

As far as i am informed, the web proxy generator does NOT
preserve session state!

I am active in this field and together with Lajos Moczar developing
a new module based on a pseudo protocol (actually, it's lajos, who
does the coding).

Following sitemap snippet shows what we intend to provide:

       <map:match pattern="**.xml">
         <map:generate src="proxy:/{1}.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="xsl/saxess.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
       </map:match>

note the pseudo protocol "proxy:". When using this protocol, the
protocol-handler will be responsible for transfering the user
cookies back and forth between the browser and the far side server.
We will provide a description of how this works in detail.
With this new pseudo protocol we are quite shure, that all kind of
existing generators including the webproxy generator will get the
capability of session preserving automatically...
At the moment we are testing the code and checking for all kind of
related problems. But we also know, the current solution will be
only one step to a 100% solution. I hope, that we can release
something during next week. This will certainly be packaged in
a way, that it can be applied to cocoon-2.0.4 and i think also
for the current development version because anything else
wouldn't make sense.

I think, it's up to the comitters to decide, if the new protocol
will find it's way into the cocoon core...

We will anounce the availability of the new module
as soon as it has proved to work.

regards, hussayn