cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Wilhelm K├╝ster <kli...@saphor.de>
Subject Compile errors in CVS version
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:38:42 GMT
Hi!

I have a problem with the current CVS version which refuses to compile
for a JDK 1.4 under Windows 2000.

Running

.\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes
-Dinstall.war=%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps install

as recommended, the build process breaks with the following compilation
errors:

------------
     [javac] Compiling 112 source files to
X:\installation\java\cocoon\xml-cocoon
2.neu\build\cocoon\scratchpad\classes
     [javac]
X:\installation\java\cocoon\xml-cocoon2.neu\build\cocoon\scratchpad\
src\org\apache\cocoon\components\source\impl\BlobSourceFactory.java:75:
org.apac
he.cocoon.components.source.impl.BlobSourceFactory should be declared
abstract;
it does not define release(org.apache.excalibur.source.Source) in
org.apache.coc
oon.components.source.impl.BlobSourceFactory
     [javac] public class BlobSourceFactory
     [javac]        ^
     [javac]
X:\installation\java\cocoon\xml-cocoon2.neu\build\cocoon\scratchpad\
src\org\apache\cocoon\components\source\impl\XMLDBSource.java:96:
org.apache.coc
oon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource should be declared abstract; it
does not
define getProtocol() in org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource
     [javac] public class XMLDBSource extends AbstractLogEnabled
implements Compo
sable, Source,XMLizable {
     [javac]        ^
     [javac]
X:\installation\java\cocoon\xml-cocoon2.neu\build\cocoon\scratchpad\
src\org\apache\cocoon\components\source\impl\XMLDBSourceFactory.java:80:
org.apa
che.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory should be declared
abstract
; it does not define release(org.apache.excalibur.source.Source) in
org.apache.c
ocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory
     [javac] public final class XMLDBSourceFactory
     [javac]              ^
     [javac]
X:\installation\java\cocoon\xml-cocoon2.neu\build\cocoon\scratchpad\
src\org\apache\cocoon\components\source\impl\BlobSource.java:105:
org.apache.coc
oon.components.source.impl.BlobSource should be declared abstract; it
does not d
efine getProtocol() in org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.BlobSource
     [javac] public class BlobSource extends AbstractLogEnabled
implements Source
, Composable {
     [javac]        ^
     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
     [javac] 4 errors
        [if] Error in class net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask
-------

Using webapp directly as a target does not help either.

The error messages are clear enough, but I'm as yet too much of a Cocoon
Newbie to make a dash at developing a patch myself.

However, we need the authenfication framework for our application, so
going back to 2.0.4 is no alternative for us.

I tried also the version of January 1st, but that broke with other errors.

---
     [javac]
X:\installation\java\cocoon\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\blocks\database
s\src\org\apache\cocoon\acting\AbstractDatabaseAction.java:615: cannot
resolve s
ymbol
     [javac] symbol  : method getSize  (java.io.File)
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ImageDirectoryGenerator

     [javac]                     int [] dimensions =
ImageDirectoryGenerator.getS
ize(file);
     [javac]
     ^
     [javac]
X:\installation\java\cocoon\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\blocks\database
s\src\org\apache\cocoon\acting\AbstractDatabaseAction.java:616:
getFileType(java
.io.File) has private access in
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ImageDirectoryGener
ator
     [javac]                     String type =
ImageDirectoryGenerator.getFileTyp
e(file);
     [javac]                                                          ^
     [javac] 2 errors
---

Can anyone advise me how to solve that problem or alternatively point me
at a CVS version (date or tag) that compiles without problem?

Many thanks!

Marc