cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problems removing meta tag from the html output in Cocoon
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 15:43:34 GMT
> As a side point, both the XML and HTML serializer are implemented as an
> identity XSL transformer. Now Saxon has an XHTML output method, which
> does not have the problems mentioned above. It would be interesting to
> leverage this to provide a proper XHTML serializer. I vaguely remember Xalan
> has a similar feature. Can someone of the Cocoon devs comment on this?
>
> J.Pietschmann

I'm not a developer, but I know that there is configured a "XHTML
serializer" in the Cocoon sitemap:

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" mime-type="text/html"
name="xhtml" pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
<doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</doctype-public>
<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-system>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>

And as correction to my last mail, the <xsl:output/>-attributes must be
configured in the serializer as above.

Regards,

Joerg