cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <Thorsten.Scher...@weidmueller.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: xsp-element equivalent to xsl:param?
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:37:29 GMT
Hello again,

I have shorten the xsp:
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp" xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">
<dataset>
<xsp:logic>
Date myDate = "";
try{
myDate = (new
SimpleDateFormat("dd.MM.yyyy").parse(request.getParameter("date"));
String dateParam = (new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy")).format(myDate);
      }catch(Exception e){
getLogger().error("XSP date error: ", e);
}
</xsp:logic>
<test>
<xsp:expr>myDate </xsp:expr>
</test>
</dataset>
</xsp:page>

error (cocoon):
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
Error compiling IDC2_info_int_xsp: Line 289, column 66: ')' expected Line 286, column -1:
incompatible types Line 0, column 0: 2 errors

IDC2_info_int_xsp.java:
<snip/>
this.characters("\n\t\t");
string myDate = "";
try{
myDate = (new
SimpleDateFormat("dd.MM.yyyy").parse(request.getParameter("date"));
      }catch(Exception e){
getLogger().error("XSP date error: ", e);
}

The Line 289, column 66 is (*): parse(request.getParameter("date")(*))

The sitemap.log and error.log don't have the "XSP date error".

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----