cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: How to open 2 windows?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:31:34 GMT
On Wednesday 29 January 2003 05:21, Robert Simmons wrote:
> Just a warning. There has been a study recently that quite well confirms
> that using popups in a commercial web site is a good way to drive traffic
> AWAY from that site. Personally, they annoy the shit out of me. If I really
> needed to get my penis enlarged Id look it up on google.de. Getting offered
> it from half the web sites on the internet could be bad for self
> confidence. =)

I agree ( where do you can you get the enlargement, you said?? ;o) )

A lot of people disables pop-ups, or (like me) have the browser ask me if I
want it. First one on a site, I consider ok. If commercial, then permenantly
turned off for that site.

I can't turn it off all the time, since some sincere sites are using this
technique, for other things than adverts.

Niclas