cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WebSphere 5 and Cocoon - new user
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:26:22 GMT
We had this sort of problem with Jetty too.  The redirect rule from
http://localhost:8080/forrest to http://localhost:8080/forrest/index.html
actually caused a redirect to http://localhost:8080/index.html.

We currently have the following redirect working in Jetty and Tomcat:

<map:match pattern="">
  <map:redirect-to uri="{request:contextPath}/index.html"/>
</map:match>

This is with 2.1.  I can't recall if 2.0.4 has InputModules -- check
WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf for a section like:

  <input-modules>
      <component-instance
      class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.RequestModule"
      logger="core.modules.input" name="request"/>

There's an Action that can achieve the same thing without InputModules.

<map:actions>
   <map:action logger="sitemap.action.request" name="request"
   src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.RequestParamAction"/>
</map:actions>

<map:match pattern="">
  <map:act type="request">
    <map:redirect-to uri="{context}/index.html"/>
  </map:act>
</map:match>

I don't know if this hack is just hiding a Cocoon deficiency, or a valid
workaround for servlet container bugs.

--Jeff