cocoon-users mailing list archives

From e nio <enio...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Orion 1.5.3 and cocoon2.1 - help complete deployment
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:19:57 GMT
  Well, I didn't get much additional info since last I posted. I
tried to back down to Cocoon2.0.4 source and compiled and seems
like everything work okay with Tomcat 4.1.12.  However, orion
1.5.3 is a beast to conquer. With 2.0.4 + orion 1.5.3I could not
even get anything to do with cocoon displayed anymore. Anyone
else out there had been through this path and was successful?
Can you share your tips in getting orion to work with cocoon?
    Also if someone can elaborate on my original issue why it
kept looking for a  cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome/sitemap.xmap,
ie why basically the sub mounts are not working?

Regards,
enio
--- e nio <enio721@yahoo.com> wrote:

>     Thank you for the response, yes I have looked at Steve's
> procedure, I mentioned it in step 9 of my original post.
> Someone
> also have mentioned to me that since orion is an app server I
> have to have that application.xml added to make the package
> looked like an .ear. Effectively I have to convert the war
> into
> an ear by adding a META-INF/application.xml and repackaging
> the
> whole thing as ear.
>     Anyhows, I can get to the documents/ but nothing under the
> samples/ dir.  What I must do to the main sitemap.xmap or the
> one located at samples/sitemap.xmap so it does not seek for a
> cocoon/samples/welcome/sitemap.xmap ?
>
> enio
> --- Lajos Moczar <lmocz@galatea.com> wrote:
> > Don't know if you've checked this out already, but Steve
> Punte
> > has
> > Cocoon-Orion integration instructions at
> > http://www.candlelightsoftware.com/orion-cocoon.html.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Lajos
> >

> > e nio wrote:
> > >   I tried deploying cocoon2.1 which I have recently
> > > downloaded and compiled, it deploys fine on Tomcat
> > > 4.1.12 but not on Orion 1.5.3.  It is only partially
> > > working on Orion 1.5.3, partially since I can use
> > > http://localhost:8888/  which becomes
> > > http://localhost:8888/documents/index.html which is
> > > the main page and I can click on all the menu items or
> > > the links within the page without much of a problem.
> > > However if I typed in
> > > http://localhost:8888/samples/welcome which should go
> > > to the sample pages, I get an error instead:
> > >
> > > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load
> > > sitemap from

file:/u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome/sitemap.xmap: