cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rob Johnston <rjoh...@juniper.net>
Subject Cocoon/Tomcat not handling &amp; in URLs?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:00:29 GMT
I am attempting to build a cinclude:include dynamically in a
transformation that will have multiple parameters in the src URI.
The final version should look like:

<cinclude:include src="url?p1=foo&p2=bar"/>

To do this, I have the following xsl:

<cinclude:include>
  <xsl:parameter name="src">
    <xsl:text>url?p1=foo&amp;p2=bar</xsl:text>
  </xsl:parameter>
<cinclude:include>

(obviously, I have more logic in actual usage, such as some value-of's
to get the actual dynamic URL data).

This, of course, doesn't work since XSLT 1.0 says that & is illegal to
have in attributes.  It becomes serialized as:

<cinclude:include src="url?p1=foo&amp;p2=bar"/>

now, one would expect this to work, as in HTML 4.0, &amp; is supposed to
be equivalent to '&' everywhere.  Most browsers support this, as well as
seemingly most web servers (apache will accept '&' as well as '&amp;' as
delimiters between parameters).

It doesn't seem that tomcat/cocoon supports this.  If I attempt to fetch
a URL with a &amp; seperating parameters, I see this in the log:

(fetched: 'url?p1=foo&amp;p2=bar')

METHOD: GET
CONTENT LENGTH: -1
PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.0
SCHEME: http
AUTH TYPE: null
CURRENT ACTIVE REQUESTS: 1
REQUEST PARAMETERS:

PARAM: 'amp;p2' VALUES: 'bar'
PARAM: 'p1' VALUES: 'foo'

Obviously, tomcat is not eating the rest of the 'amp;' part of the &
markup.

Has anyone seen this or know of a workaround to build dynamic urls that
have parameters in them that cocoon WILL accept?  Is this a bug in
tomcat?

thanks,
rob