cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Timberlake <and...@timberlake.co.za>
Subject Re: Accessing session variables in the sitemap.xmap
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:20:13 GMT
Heiko

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 15:56, Heiko Milke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want my application to work like the following.
>

> <map:match pattern="xsp/example.xsp">
>     <map:generate src="xsp/example.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
>     <map:transform src="{selected_stylesheet}"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>

> 1. the serverpages generator accesses a script named "xsp/example.xsp"
> Withing this script a session variable named "selected_stylesheet" is
> set.
>
> <xsp-session:set-attribute
> name="selected_stylesheet">xsp/example.xsl</.....

You probably want to change your pipeline as follows:

<map:match pattern="xsp/example.xsp">
    <map:generate src="xsp/example.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
    <map:transform src="{session-attr:selected_stylesheet}"/>
    <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

This is an input module which will retrieve the session attribute named
selected_stylesheet. The way you have it written is trying to access a
sitemap parameter named selected_stylesheet.
There is a little written about input modules on the cocoon wiki.

--
Andrew Timberlake <andrew@timberlake.co.za>