cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Bednarz <andreas.bedn...@education-one.de>
Subject Re: .Net port of Cocoon
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:43:46 GMT
Hi There,

I would completely enjoy using a port of cocoon for .NET. Following the
newsgroup since 6 month there are many topics inside cocoon that could
be mastered by .NET easilly without the overhead you have in java. Hope
that somebody will start such a project and gives us a framework
consisting of an XMl/XSL/Filter mechanisms with a smaller footprint. We
also decided not to use cocoon. It is simply to complicated to fit a new
team prgrammer and the whole thing is too "open source". Nobody is
really responsible, nobody can guarantee that next releases will give
exactly the same API ... Of course this is one weakness of Microsoft
too, but an independant programmer team could make a strong competitor
to cocoon :-)

Andreas Bednarz
education-one GmbH

Andreas Bednarz <andreas.bednarz@education-one.de>