cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Bednarz <andreas.bedn...@education-one.de>
Subject Caching xinclude results with proxy
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:17:30 GMT
Hi there,

regarding to many questions to caching and performance I have a
suggestion from real life. We are using XINDICE for or internal projects
with fuss satisfaction after putting squid in front of the XML interface
as an transparent proxy. We have defined a trigger in squid.conf which
refreshes frequently changed data automatically and give reaults back to
the clients directly from the cache. With this technology we can
fullfill about 1.000 result transactions with an average size of 10kb in
on second on a dual Pentium IV 1.3 MGHz / Linux.

What do you think about such a configuration. Does it help to master
your perfomance problems?

Andreas Bednarz
education-one GmbH, germany

http://www.education-one.de